Translate

Sunday, December 22, 2013

WHO IS SATAN ? - NYOBS 07.18

RABBIT TRAIL FROM NYOBS 7 - ESCHATOLOGY


SATAN – RABBIT TRAIL
  • Satan was an anointed Cherubim angel created by God. He was”Top Dog”, the seal of perfection, handsome and full of wisdom.  God clothed him with jewels; ruby, topaz and emerald, chrysolite, onyx and jasper, sapphire, turquoise and beryl and even gave him a special ability with music. (which he used to screw up the minds of the teenagers.) Just saying.
  • He was placed in authority to protect Earth, including the atmosphere, and held court in the “Garden of God”.  At this point, man had perfect access and communication with God. 
  • But that was not enough for Satan, he wanted to be “worshiped” like God. He was certainly not going to report to Adam, a man made a little lower than him and of all things, a being made out of dirt. There’s just no way he would submit to any man.
  • Satan in the “Garden of Eden” introduced doubt and unbelief - the doctrine of: “God didn’t really mean what he said” – and “You too can become a God”.  This sin cut off that perfect access to God.
  • Satan organized his kingdom into “principalities” and appointed “princes” to control the earthly governmental leaders.  That’s why we should pray for our leaders in government.
  • Satan rebelled with five I Will’s: "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.  I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High”.
  • After Satan’s Rebellion, about 50,000,000 angels who left their assignments were kicked out of Heaven and cast into Hell and are currently awaiting judgment.
  • Satan is not a disease or a symbolic principal with horns, a tail and a pitch fork.  He is real.
Gen 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. KJV
Isa 14:12-14
12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!
13 You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.  
14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." NIV
Ezek 28:12-19
12 "`You were the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: ruby, topaz and emerald, chrysolite, onyx and jasper, sapphire, turquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared.
14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones.
15 You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you.
16 Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, O guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones.
17 Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings. 18 By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching.
19 All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to a horrible end and will be no more.'" NIV
Eph 2:2
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience: KJV
Dan 10:13
13 But, the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. KJV
Eph 6:12
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. KJV
Ezek 28:2
2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God: KJV
Jude 6
6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home-these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. NIV
Rev 12:3-4
 4 His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. NIV
2 Peter 2:4
4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment